luni, 13 iulie 2015

Top 5 Most Anticipated Movies of 2015


Kind of disappointing.

This year seems very bad for movies. Don’t get me wrong. I enjoyed a lot of films this year but it just feels a bit disjointed. 2014 had a lot of fantastic films that wowed the shit out of me, but till now the only great film is Mad Max: Fury Road. But there are a few films that still hold some hope so I'm making this list now because the trailers, photos and information about the films I’m most interested were released recently (and I’m kind of lazy).

So let’s see my most anticipated films of the year the second part of the year".

(Note: I order them chronologically.)

Sicario (directed by Denis Villeneuve)

The little details...
He is so cool...
The winner for Best Cinematography...
...and Best Actress.
This film has everything great. One of The best cinematographer alive, the director of such masterpieces as Incendies and Enemy, some really great actors like from Josh Brolin to Benicio Del Toro, and finally Joe Walker, the great editor of Hunger, Shame, 12 Years a Slave and Blackhat. You really need to try hard to screw it. My biggest fear is that this is from a first time writer, but that is something very superficial. I can't wait to see this film. It probably will win some awards.
Oh and the trailer is just beyond superb. I mean seriously one of the best trailers in a while.

The Martian (directed by Ridley Scott)

My favorite genre...
Loss...

Hopeless...

Desperate...
 Sorry, but this film may be here just for the sole reason I'm a big sci-fi fan. Ridley Scott hasn't made a great film since American Gangster (I dig Prometheus a lot but...flaws!) and it's not like he has a spotless career, Matt Damon is a good actor but he was kind of eh in his most recent sci-fi projects, the cast is good but it's not like there aren't bad movies with great actors in them, it's adapted from a novel that I never read or heard of before by the writer of some tv shows and Cloverfield and also director of The Cabin in the Woods.
 Probably the only reason of why this is on the list is because Ridley Scott made two milestones sci-fi films and a really good sci-fi prequel that I enjoy as well. He is one of the best sci-fi director ever, I do love how great his sci-fi films are and I don't think that he is gonna miss this time. I have all the hope in the world for this film.

steve jobs| (directed by Danny Boyle)

"Perfect, put the Oscar there"...
"Musicians play their instruments, I play the orchestra" I smell Oscar...
Fuck, it looks better then I imagined...
Danny Boyle, a master of framing
 It was kind of disappointing when I heard that Danny Boyle isn't going to work with his best cinematographer Anthony Dod Mantle, director of photography for Festen, Dogville, Slumdog Millionaire, Antichrist, Rush and the very anticipated Snowden. Instead he was going to work with Alwin H. Küchler, which granted he is a good director of photography but his most recent efforts, R.I.P.D. and Divergent, were awful. But he has filmed Ratcatcher, Morvern Callar, Proof, Hanna and (probably) the best looking Danny Boyle film, Sunshine.

 The actual trailer now. Seth Rogen still concerns me bu he doesn't look bad. Kate Winslet is totally unrecognizable and considering her later films I'm unsure what to think. Michael Fassbender looks as amazing as ever and he spits the Sorkin script like fire. Jeff Daniels (a big Aaron Sorkin collaborator) looks as great as ever. Aaron Sorkin is one of the best living writers and although both Charlie Wilson's War and Moneyball didn't do much for me, he wrote A Few Good Men and The Social Network some of the sharpest written films I ever saw. And finally Danny Boyle. Sunshine is in my top 10 sci-fi films, Trainspotting is in my top 10 favorite comedies, 127 Hours is one of my favorite sole survival film and with a film about one of the smartest guys ever wouldn't be really hard to break my top 10 biographical films. I can't wait for this one.

The Hateful Eight (directed by Quentin Tarantino)









 It's Quentin Tarantino, Samuel L. Jackson, Kurt Russell, Jennifer Jason Leigh, Walton Goggins, Demián Bichir, Tim Roth, Michael Madsen, Bruce Dern, Robert Richardson, Ennio Moricone, Fred Raskin (Django Unchained, Guardians of the Galaxy). It wouldn't be more perfect even if it had tried.

The Revenant (directed by Alejandro González Iñárritu)
DiCaprio never looked so intense...

 I know '00s DiCaprio as a pretty bad actor. The Beach, Gangs of New York, The Departed, Blood Diamond, Body of Lies, bad in all of them are bad performances. But in the 2010s he has improved himself since. In Inception, J. Edgar and The Great Gatsby (despite the later two being pieces of shit) DiCaprio gives great performances that probably should get more award consideration. And his Teddy Daniels from Shutter Island (despite not being Scorsese's finest movie) is one of DiCaprio best work. DiCaprio should have won the Oscar for supporting actor despite not being nominated and simply it's baffling how Leonardo DiCaprio didn't win an Oscar for The Wolf of Wall Street. That's really awful. I would highlight all day The Wolf of Wall Street as DiCaprio best film/performance, but you get my point, I love the guy now and after "The Wolf" I couldn't wait to see what he does next. He seriously teams with Iñárritu. And what I heard about the novel is even more shocking. I'm a big Tom Hardy (since Mad Max) fan so I can't wait to see how he pulls it off. 
 And Alejandro González Iñárritu is such a great director. 4 out of the 5 films that he made are masterpieces. I love him. I just can't wait to see this film.

2 comentarii:

  1. I'm looking forward to all of these!!!

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  2. Hey Budai, that still in your cover is Godfather II, not one ;)

    Kidding aside, loved everything Villeneuve thus far, especially Incendies. Cant wait for Sicaro.

    Mad Max looked ok too- and everyone said it was "a masterpiece".
    And then I saw it- and we shall speak no more of that... :/

    RăspundețiȘtergere